Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Barter to Save us MONEY!

So, after looking over our budget, I was realizing if we want to save, we're going to have to tweak some things. A lot of things! I'll be posting more on those things later, but for now this is how I saved money on our lawn mowing.

We have our lawn mowed. I know - you're thinking - do it yourself already! But we can't - or let's just say it's better if we don't.

I am allergic to grass. I know - how lame is that. But seriously, I've never mowed a lawn - ever.

My husband has allergies and asthma. So, when he would try to mow the lawn he turned beet red, face swelled up, and he'd have to keep coming inside for air, and to use his inhaler. When he was done, he'd shower, and do his inhaler constantly for the rest of the day. It just wasn't worth it. So, we have it done. And our lawn guy is really good. He charges us between 30 and 45 a week. But the bottom line is, we needed to use that money for other things.

I was thinking maybe we could get a neighborhood teen to do it for 10 bucks. But we don't even have our own lawnmower.

The next day I got a call from a family friend that I used to sell stuff for on ebay. He had more stuff to sell and wanted to bring it over for me to check out.

He has a lawn service and asked me when he got here about my current lawn service. I was saying how we had to cancel it.......and then it happened!!!! We could barter!!!! I've read about this so much on blogs, and now I was able to do it! We're going to barter my ebay seller assistant fees for his lawn service!

I think we are both pretty happy about the deal!

I'm looking forward to my next barter! I'm working on one - I'll keep you updated!

No comments: